Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Whitest Girl In the History of E.S.L.







Well we survived the first week of School!!! With all the well justified fanfare that Nicole has been getting, I thought that today would be a good day to pay some tribute to her baby sister, Nat Nat. Our green kangeroo turns 3 next Saturday !!! An official end to the Tender Twos, or so I hope !!! I only say that because as I am writing this, she is in the middle of a fit. I believe she is upset that here little brother is drinking juice from one of her sippy cups. Or as she calls it.. "Mi Teta Papi ....Joey toma mi Teta!!!

Yes it is true my little dirty blonde with the biggest blue eyes, does not speak English!!! She understands every word, but always responds in Spanish. Just imagine the look the on the E.S.L. teacher's face when Natalie walks in!!! Im just kidding about that, I am sure that by the time she starts school, the english will be there. I think it is actually very cool, and so important that are kids are bilingual. I get so upset when 20 year olds with the last name of Dominguez, or Vazquez come in and apply for a job, and can't speak a word of Spanish. I have had so many oppurtunities open for me, just because I am bilingual. I am actually hoping that because my kids are learning two languages at such a young age, that they will be able to learn more later on. I wonder what a fit sounds like in Manderin?












Well here are a few other things that are going on with Nat Nat:


Her Birthday party is going to be at one her favorite places: the Zoo!! Her favorite animals are the "wooofy", and the "O O Ah Ah " (monkey)

She still has not given up the Chupis (pacifier), though during the day she doesnt use it too much, she just likes to carry them around in a box, or in her princess purse.




iv>
I think that her pacifier addiction is being phased out by a new one.. Her blankie.. As she calls it her Coveja.. It goes every where she goes, and she will not even think about getting in bed without it. We have to steal it off her bed once she is asleep, to wash the funk off.



She has never been much of a T.V. watcher, but she does have a couple of movies that will hold her attention for a half hour or so... Her current favorites are Alice in Wonderland, and The Little Mermaid. I can also get her to watch soccer with me, for about 5 minutes. That beats anyone else in the house by 5 minutes, unless David Beckham is playing, then her Mom becomes the biggest soccer fan in the world. She yells at the t.v. every time the camera turns way from Beckham, and at least 3 times a game will ask the girls who Beckham is. They have been trained (not by me) to answer the same way every time ..... "Daddy!!!"


<

OK so he is rather fetching

3 comments:

  1. Ijust want to set one thing straight, I did not train my daughters to say david beckham was their daddy. that would be disrespectful to their real daddy whom i love deeply. I just never corrected or disagreed with them when they saw him on tv and said "look mommy daddy is on tv!!" I could never break their like hearts. In my defense the only reason i like david beckham is because i think he looks just like AJ! (wink) dont u agree?
    signed Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous that your kiddos are bilingual. SO JEALOUS. What an amazing gift to give them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, sorry Adriana I will not join you in thinking David Beckham looks like AJ. That would DEFINITELY ruin D.B. for me. :)

    NatNat is so funny. I can't believe she's about to be three. Crazy! The zoo is going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete