Sunday, August 30, 2009

!!!!!!!!!FREEEEDOM!!!!!!!!!!

Today, I celebrate Freedom!!! Yes, in this country we are free to be who we want to be and have the resources to do it. Yes, we have the right of Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, which is awesome. But, it is not these freedoms that I choose to celebrate. Today, I celebrate a freedom much more personal and powerful. Websters defines freedom as "the state of being free or at liberty rather than in confinement or under physical restraint." For several years now Adriana, and I have been the victims of this unlawful confinement and physical restraint . Our bedroom has been held captive by the Lords of the Sippy Cups. But, like our hero William Wallace, we have finally gained our freedom!!!!



We actually freed ourselves of the Lords two weeks ago, but I wanted to make sure that the treaties were honored for awhile before I announced our emancipation. Our strategy was simple:





  1. We took the girls to the store and let them pick out their own room decorations.


  2. We spent a whole weekend, cleaning, organizing, and decorating the room, all of which they helped with.



  3. We gave up our bedroom T.V., and transferred it to their new digs. ( After all sacrifices have to be made in order for a revolution to work.)


  4. We begged, begged, then begged some more.



    Of course, as with any peace treaty , there have been some complications, and growing pains.


    We still have to be in the room when they go to sleep.

    We have enough night lites around the house, to light up the LAX runways.

    Joey's crib is still in our room, but at least not in our bed. His room is our next project, we are just waiting for the budget department to give us clearance.

    Every morning when I wake up, I find that the visitors have returned. They come down anytime between 2 and 4, sometimes together and sometimes make the journey solo.

    Finally, and as a big surprise to me, I miss them. I do not miss trying to make it through the night on a quarter inch of sleeping space. Nor do I miss being woken up five times a night for JUUUUUIIICCCEE!!!!. But, I miss the closeness I felt with them. It also made me realize how fast they are growing up, and that they wont be my little babies forever.
























2 comments:

  1. Congrats. to all of you.The girls new room is darling.Did you ever consider that the girls were ready for a little private time of their own?
    grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! The girls' room looks adorable and really comfy.

    ReplyDelete