Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Secret

Yesterday afternoon I was craving man things.. Beer, red meat, baseball, and guns (Well at least a Guns and Ammo magazine.) I needed some man time, some time away from Barbies, Zach and Cody, and the Wiggles. Actually, I caught myself playing air guitar to the base line in a Wiggle's song and knew that it was time for a break! My manhood depended on it. The only problem was that Adriana a.k.a (the warden) was never going to allow said alone time on a Saturday afternoon, especially after being alone all morning with the kids while I was at work. Then suddenly the secret of life came to me, and the next thing I said to her could be the most brillant words ever spoken. " Babes dont worry about dinner I think I'll grill out tonight!"


I don't know who invented the barbecue grill, but I am pretty sure it was a dude, and Im pretty sure that he was married with children. Whoever he was, this Buds for you!! You get to do all the fun things you did before kids, without the guilt trip. Was I drinking a beer..Yes.. Was I outside getting some much need rays..Yes.. Was I listening to a baseball game.. Yes! Was I reading Guns and Ammo..No.. I guess Im not as manly as I thought, I was reading Details.. Im not ashamed.


The part that is golden is that in Adriana's eyes I was only doing one thing, cooking!! Here I was helping her out, but also able to do my own thing.. its Beautiful Baby! Now I know why you would often find my father breaking out the grill in the middle of winter.. he needed some Man Time!


Unfornately just like anything now a days, my new life philosophy has the chance to produce some adverse side effects.. Warning .. this may cause your wife to be so happy with you, and so proud that your helping out that after the tasty meal is done and your fat and happy.. She may say " Thanks for dinner babes! I need to run to the store, can you watch the kids?"


Even though my cloud 9 sank a little in the end, I had a great time, and look foward to "helping out" as often as I can !!
Fire Good ..Beer..Good..the expression on my face..Not so Good

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it's time to upgrade to propane. You with a bottle of lighter fluid and an open flame nearby is a bit concerning.

    Hope you and the fam enjoyed the bbq. =)

    What did you cook on your man grill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was just a burger and hot dog day.. the important thing was the process

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet picture in the header..love it..I enjoyed reading your blog today.
    I love all the new blogs
    I have found. Quite a unique group.
    I love making new blogging friends..
    I have several Disney posts already on my blog and have several more to post. Hope you will stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete