Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Terrible Twosday


In honor of my second least favorite day of the week.. Tuesday.. I offer terrible Twosday. Any parent who has toddlers has heard and probably experienced the dreaded terrible twos. The lovely time when your child is walking and talking, pooping in other places besides their diapers, and exploring the new world of forcing their needs and wants on everyone and everything.


Our middle cutie Natalie - Nat Nat- is in the midst of this stage. I have never like the term terrible twos because there is nothing terrible about this kind hearted soul we are raising. Yes, she does throw fits - alot. Yes she is sharing challenged. Yes, she can destroy a room so fast that she has earned the nickname Hurricane Nat Nat. And yes, she can tend to get a bit moody, and high maintenance .(wait am I describing her or her Father?) But no, she is not terrible!


What I see is that she finally able to process and interpret the world around her, and is trying to find her own way to manage it. For the first months of her life, everything was controled for her. When she ate, slept, what she wore was all controlled by these crazy parents she inherited. Now she can have some input on the decisions we make for her, and when those decision dont match what she has in mind... the terrible twos strike.


This is also her time of discovery. She is taking in so many new things every moment of every day, that she can sometimes turn into Number 5 from Short Circuit --- MUST HAVE MORE INPUT! And when the input is too much for her little brain to process... the terrible twos strike.


Well its time to put the Terribles to bed.. I want to officially rename this stage in her little life. How bout Trobled Twos or Taxing Twos? Trying Twos? Time Consuming twos? Thuderous twos? Or maybe something from parents perspective.. Tequila Twos? OK now I need input..your input..help me pick a name that shows how special my girl is. Cause the only terrible I know is how terribly in love with this girl I happen to be.

3 comments:

  1. Oh and I almost forgot.. A message for new parents or soon to be parents...

    BE AFRAID BE SO VERY AFRAID!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom says Tender Twos... Way to come strong Mom!!

    ReplyDelete